On your marks.. get set... weep? (no spoilers)


Hello dear reader(s)! You probably already know that I have been a Mel and Sue fan for such a very long time. I decided that the best way for me to cope with the trauma of a new Bake Off era was to imagine Mel, Sue and Mary hiding just out of shot at all times. They are drunk and playing rock paper scissors to decide who gets to key Paul Hollywood's car.  That said, I adore Sandi Toksvig so I thought that the tent would be in safe hands. It is. The 'phone call' to Sue was very cheeky but funny, and her jacket a nice nod to Mary.

Lovely Noel Fielding is arguably the less comfortable in the tent. His voiceover sections sound floaty and secretive and seem odd alongside Sandi's assured and more familiar delivery. Still, it's early days and it's a promising start from him. New judge Prue Leith is fabulous and imo very much missed on another GB named show, The Great British Menu. I won't say much else about Prue except that she can be firm but fair with me any time... ahem. As far as the new bakers go, it's too soon to have a favourite but Flo is great and Liam's relaxed rapport (especially with Sandi) is glorious.

All things considered I don't have a great deal to moan about. It's still silly and full of heart, and almost the same. Some viewers have taken to social media to vex about the adverts but they give me and my high maintenance bladder the opportunity to visit the loo. Hoorah! Or, I can put the kettle on!  (Something I could only do in previous years during the History Bit.) If I could change one thing, other than the obvious, I'd like to see the back of those ridiculously annoying singing cakes. Please, please make them stop.

I'm not sure what the next post will be about but if you have any suggestions for a review or etc drop me a line in the comments. Thanks.



Comments

Popular Posts