Insert witty and clever introductory post title here aka Welcome to my New Thing!


Welcome and hello dear reader(s)

If you have found yourself here you may have nothing better to do or a few minutes to spare, but the most important thing is you are here. Thank you, you! I have set up this blog with the intention of it being a companion to the Open University creative writing module I am starting shortly. Naturally, I have no idea what to write, so what's probably best to rattle on about are the important things in life like what's on television (or what shouldn't be). As noted at the top of this blog I will try to review or at least pass comment on books, films or theatre should I be fortunate enough to Go Outside. As yet I am not sure whether this blog will be a regular thing but ...let’s see how it goes eh?  I will aim for a weekly posting but there may be more if Something Really Exciting happens or I am putting off my assignment submissions. 


As you are no doubt discovering this preliminary entry is rather clunky and haphazard [and dull - Imaginary Ed] as I don't really know what I'm doing. However, I can almost guarantee that each post will contain typos and grammar fails. I will try my best to keep these to a minimum but of course, some are bound to escape onto the page. If so, please don't shout at me; go and kick a cushion instead, yes? Thanks. Similarly, if you're not keen on my writing, no worries. Nevertheless, no abuse be it directed toward gender/race/ability/religion/LGBTQI folk WILL NOT be tolerated and will be reported. Comments are on for now but that is subject to change. (Sorry if the text is a little small, the next size up seems too big but I will try to find a suitable alternative.)


What else? I like to swear. This is a warning rather than an apology.  I also bloody adore Sue Perkins. This is also a warning rather than an apology. Likewise, depression and disability is part of my Real Life so as light and interesting as I want my writing to be, there will be times when it's rather lacking in froth and happy lady-gay rainbow sunshine fun-times. Boo. But that's enough about that. I'll see you later next week for my first proper posting - a review of .... The Great British Bake Off debut on Channel 4!!! [slams chest hard and sobs.] It'll be up by Friday if I survive the trauma .. Until then, have fun and please share this post if you'd like to.


Comments

Popular Posts